It was a busy Super Bowl Sunday for Jennings County Sheriff’s Deputies. Chief Deputy David Turner says that between 6 a.m. on Sunday and 6 a.m. on Monday, deputies arrested 10 people on felony drug charges.
On Sunday morning at around 10 a.m., K/9 Deputy Cody Low observed a vehicle and noticed suspicious behavior while patrolling in Country Squire Lakes. Deputy Low stopped the vehicle and made contact with the three people inside. He then became suspicious of Drug Activity. Deputy Low deployed his police dog Axel, who indicated there were drugs in the vehicle. A search of the vehicle reportedly uncovered methamphetamine and marijuana.
– Amanda Webb, 44, of North Vernon, Possession of Methamphetamine and two outstanding warrants. Bond was set at $8,365.
– Christina Manthei, 43, of North Vernon, Possession of Methamphetamine. Bond was set at $3,155.
– Trevor Dilk, 48, of North Vernon, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana. Bond was set at $3,155.
Later that day, at approximately 3:11 p.m., deputies were called to a domestic disturbance in the area of State Road 7 North, just north of Scipio. Deputy Low responded to the area and was able to locate the male subject, Dwayne Ferguson. As deputies attempted to take Ferguson into custody for an active arrest warrant, he allegedly began to fight, but was quickly subdued. Further investigation led Deputy Low to deploy Axel for a free air sniff of Ferguson’s vehicle with a positive alert. Deputies reported finding syringes in the vehicle. It was also learned that Ferguson had left his 14-year-old child home alone. That led to the Department of Child Services being called in. They placed the teen with a family member.
Ferguson was arrested for: Arrest Warrant, Resisting Law Enforcement, Possession of a Syringe, Disorderly Conduct, Public Intoxication and Neglect of a Dependent.
On Sunday at approximately 6 p.m., deputies were called to the Muscatatuck County Park in reference to suspicious activity involving a black Jeep. Deputies located the suspicious vehicle and made contact with four people inside. Deputies became suspicious of illegal activity and Deputy Low deployed Axel for a free air sniff of the vehicle. Deputies reported finding a gun, approximately 13 grams of methamphetamine, Marijuana and packaging material.
– Glenn Bordelon, 47, Of Madison, Possession of Methamphetamine. Bond was set at $10,055.
– Logan Ashpaugh, 22, of Westport, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of a Firearm without a Permit. Bond was set at $10,055.
-Michael Bowen, 30, of Madison, Possession of Methamphetamine. Bond was set at $10,055.
– Jarod Schwacke, 26, of North Vernon, Possession of Methamphetamine. Bond was set at $20,110.
On Monday, at approximately 5:45 a.m., Deputy Thomas Mellencamp and Reserve Deputy Ashley Arbuckle made contact with two suspicious individuals walking in the 9200 Block of North State Road 7. Deputy Mellencamp became suspicious of illegal activity and a search of the individuals bags uncovered syringes, and several illegal pills.
– Tumara Burton-Baker, 30, of North Vernon, Trafficking with an Inmate, Possession of a Syringe and Possession of a Controlled Substance. Bond was set at $1,055.
– Michael Goodin, 27, of Columbus, Possession of a Syringe and Possession of a Controlled Substance. Bond was set at $1,055.