Developmental Services Inc. recently held its 44th annual awards banquet, giving recognition to several local clients, workers and volunteers.
Among the local residents honored were:
- Dennis England of Seymour was chosen for the consumer achievement award.
- Magen Pillar of Columbus received the volunteer and service award.
- Kevin Trotter of Seymour received the direct support professional award.
- Kelly Hoffman of Columbus was chosen for the SPIRIT Award for her 16 years of service with the agency.
- The DSI Excellence Award was presented to Judy Brown of Columbus who has spent 40 years with DSI ranging from receptionist to manager of information and technology.
- Jennifer Heinemann of Hope was honored with a community impact award.
- Dane Whitlock of Columbus received special recognition for his impact on the lives of children and adults with disabilities over the years.
Elaina Sims, a Columbus East graduate studying biochemistry at IU, received the $1,000 William K. Hadar Scholarship, named after the agency’s longest serving chief executive officer.